Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Dyke211
Frequent Visitor

3D Radar Visual Help

I need help building a 360 radar chart like this in power bi... That shows like a wedge against score. The highest score is 5 and the least is 1. The 360 chart shows slices accross all the Labels and wedges based on the different scores.

Built this in excel want a visual like this in power biBuilt this in excel want a visual like this in power biScreenshot 2024-04-25 091315.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What differences do you find with the solution I proposed?

gdelpuenteCinec_0-1715854923872.png

you can start from this and customize it using the open source project that I shared with you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dyke211
Frequent Visitor

@gdelpuenteCinec In a case where i want the label to show side by side with the Chart width, can't find any option to make that display from the powerbi interphase. Also If i want to modify this chart further, from the github link you sent, which specific source file should i go in to tweak this chart which ever way i want and also what editing tool tool is suitable to make this editing.I'm sure one cant make such modifcation with DAx

Line 536
file  PowerBI-visuals-AsterPlot/src/services/dataRenderService.ts

.text((d: LabelEnabledDataPoint) => d.labeltext)

you should change the d.labeltext value or concatenate with the category

A dumb question.. 

1. Is it possible i edit this on powerbi page or i edit the code on github then export the file back to powerbi

2. Could you please also point me to the code number where i can edit so that its sorted based on colour rather than on highest figure like the way it is

Thanks for your help

1. No you need to download the project edit end export the personalized custom visual
    this is the link for the official documentation
  2. Line 416 in PowerBI-visuals-AsterPlot/src/services/dataRenderService.ts file 

.sort(null)​

as written in the d3 documentation:
sort(iterable, comparator)
Returns an array containing the values in the given iterable in the sorted order defined by the given comparator or accessor function. If comparator is not specified, it defaults to d3.ascending

I think you can try removing this step

Dyke211
Frequent Visitor

Still in search of a solution to making this Rose kind Radar Chart...

Screenshot 2024-04-25 091414.pngCHART above

Dyke211
Frequent Visitor

Didnt get what I want. Who else has a solution to this 

What differences do you find with the solution I proposed?

gdelpuenteCinec_0-1715854923872.png

you can start from this and customize it using the open source project that I shared with you

i have juts tried this. let me see if i can adjust it further from the source project...... many thanks @gdelpuenteCinec ...

Hi, try with this
Aster Plot 

gdelpuenteCinec_0-1714373125841.png

it's also open source 
https://github.com/Microsoft/powerbi-visuals-asterplot

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors