Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ErikaVstudent

Feedback/Help on my first PowerBI Dashboard

Hey everyone,

I've been grappling with my PowerBI project for the past three days and I'm hoping someone here can lend a hand. I'm sure the solution is right under my nose, but I can't seem to find it.

Here's the challenge: I want to display two different donut graphs on my dashboard. One should represent actuals, totaling about $7,088.37 with a staff count of 33. The other should compare this with budgeted figures.

However, I'm stuck on limiting the number of employees in the budget and link datasets to match the 33 employees in the actuals dataset (currently, it's showing 260 employees).

Essentially, I want users to select a labor category from the budget, then choose the rate level, and have the dashboard update to reflect the new amount based on actual hours. This way, they can compare the selected amount with the original figure from the actuals.

The issue lies in the fact that the budget and link datasets contain more information than the actuals, and I'm not sure how to filter them down to match the employee count in the actuals dataset.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

IMG_4881 2.jpg

IMG_4879 2.jpg

IMG_4878 2.jpg

IMG_4877 2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ErikaVstudent ,

To ensure that the Budget table matches the 33 employees in the Actuals table, you need to apply Filter to the Budget table.

Figure out the conditions generated for the 33 employees in the Actuals table and then apply the same conditions to the Budget table.

Now you can move on to creating donut graphs.

To allow the user to select Labor Category from the Budget table and select rate level, you can create a Slicer using Labor Category and rate level and then make the selection.

For more information see:

Add a filter to a report in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Doughnut charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ErikaVstudent ,

To ensure that the Budget table matches the 33 employees in the Actuals table, you need to apply Filter to the Budget table.

Figure out the conditions generated for the 33 employees in the Actuals table and then apply the same conditions to the Budget table.

Now you can move on to creating donut graphs.

To allow the user to select Labor Category from the Budget table and select rate level, you can create a Slicer using Labor Category and rate level and then make the selection.

For more information see:

Add a filter to a report in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Doughnut charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.