Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

monaraya

Pre-Selected Value Appears in the Slicer for a Report with RLS

Recently, I have come across the interesting scenario below, while working on a customer issue.

Issue:

I have a report with row level security (RLS) implementation; when a user logs in, they have visual filter pre-selected on the last published value, whether they can or can’t access that portion of data.

1.1.PNG

Resolution:

1.On the classic slicer, turn off ‘Single select’, turn on ‘Multi-select with CTRL’ and don’t select any value in the slicer.

1.2.PNG

2.The report will look like below:

1.3.PNG

3. Publish it to web and assign a user to the role. Once the user logs in, they can see the data only for their specific role, no multi-select available in the slicer.

Note: I have added the screenshots from Power BI Desktop for better understanding of the issue.

Author: MounikaNarayana Reddy

Comments

i tried this

but it still shows the last value selected when changing roles while testing on power bi service

Also, by leaving the Slicer unselected , it defaults to ALL and aggregates the data in visuals, which is not what we want in the visual

Thanks for the proposed solution, but I agree with @learnagain. In fact this is a bug as sensitive information protected by RLS is shown to a user. This should be fixed asap 

@monaraya can you file this as a bug?