cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thought you all might find this amusing...

How I spent my Saturday! Used Power BI to have a game show, "Are You Smarter Than Power BI?"

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/you-smarter-than-power-bi-greg-deckler?trk=pulse_spock-articles

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

5 REPLIES 5
konstantinos Senior Member

Re: Thought you all might find this amusing...

Really clever idea..your overall impression on Q&A on questions not known before?

Konstantinos Ioannou
Super User
Super User

Not that bad, we did some prep work for those questions obviously to make sure that they returned the correct results prior to hosting the "game show" but as contestents had a minute to answer each question, we actually used Power BI Q&A to help come up with some "fun facts" about the previous question to fill the time. We had very good luck in just firing questions at it and coming up with some statistics like "Total ties", etc. At the end, we even took questions from the audience and Q&A nailed every one of them.

You definitely have to be careful and watch how Q&A translates your question and what gets greyed out. For example, if you misspell someone's name, like Earle Bruce for instance, you will get the wrong answer back.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks..I think when the PowerBI admin ( if it comes ) added to the V2 and have custom phrasing it will be much more fun. So far for me it works great if you know the dataset..For users is more difficult - part because they get excited and try to ask really complex questions that they will actually would ask their data analyst...

Konstantinos Ioannou
Super User
Super User

Yes, it will be nice when it has some of the more advanced features in Power BI O365 Q&A, agreed. And, you are probably right that it is OK for me, because I know the data. That's a good observation.

Just think of when we can have Cortana tied to our dashboards and support continuous context queries...

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I do the same when demo Q&A..I know the data..But I agree that with cortana integrtion the least it would be is super impressive..Tried and connect cortana & O365 in win10..Let's see when it will be released..maybe with Cortana Analytics

Konstantinos Ioannou