Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MrClod
Helper I
Helper I

why is my refresh failing

My reports were working, now scheduled and manual refreshes not working.  Works fine if I refresh on desktop and publish, but not useful to be forced to do this on a daily basis.

The report has not changed.

The error details returned provide nothing but guids.  Anyway to look these up?

"error details?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, after refreshing my credentials to Kusto for a 5th time, I guess they finally stuck.

This should have happend after the first time, so guessing there is a small PowerBI Server bug here.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrClod, what are you data sources?

I have two data sources.

1. Azure sql store
  2. Kusto
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrClod, are you able to create a new report with same connections and do these connections refresh?

I just took a copy of my current report and pushed it.  Failed with no error message provided.

Removed my Kusto data sources.  This worked on a manual.  Will setup a scheduled refresh.

But if this is the case, odd that this just now fails when it has been working for months without changes.

I just refreshed my Kusto creds again and have a success. 

Last time I did this, only worked for a day though.

Hi @MrClod,

Please mark your reply as answer, so more people will find solution easily and quickly.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Okay, after refreshing my credentials to Kusto for a 5th time, I guess they finally stuck.

This should have happend after the first time, so guessing there is a small PowerBI Server bug here.

MrClod
Helper I
Helper I

Capture.JPG

Hi @MrClod,

Please reconfigure your refresh schedule and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Not sure how "reconfiguring" refresh schedule will fix this when manual refresh fails as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What error are you getting when you look at the refresh history?  The true error is usually displayed there.

There has never been an error message provided.  This was working about two weeks ago and then just stopped.  No changes made.  Still same data source credentials and they too show valid.

Capture.JPG

Is there a refresh timeout?  I know I am well below the data limit, but wondering if there is a time limit I am bumping against.

Never mind, just check through all the PowerBI Failure emails, and the begin/end time duration varies from a couple of minutes to 50 minutes.

I am facing the same issue since yesterday. Does anyone have a clue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors