Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naifAhmedB
Helper II
Helper II

when I set the schedule report refresh Do I need to refresh visuals ?

Hi,

I am in the pro trial.

Problem I need soultion for :Do I have to refresh viusal even that I have set schedule report refresh?

Steps taken:

the dataset for daily refresh.

h.PNG

Then It got refreshed in dataset and the report

d.PNG

Howevery the report data didn't get refreshed as below.

s.PNG

Only After I refreshed visuals I got the new data

f.PNG

How do I refresh all data , report , visual and everything automaticly ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @naifAhmedB 

According to your description, I think you need to know the following points:

There are several modes for connecting datasets, Import, DQ, LC. If you use import mode, open the report after refreshing the dataset each time, and you will get the latest data. If you open the report before refreshing the dataset, then due to the browser's cache, it won't automatically refresh the report, you need to refresh the report manually.

However, if you use DQ or LC mode, when you open the report or interact with the report, each operation will trigger the gateway to the data source to obtain the latest data without the need to refresh the report manually.

You are using import mode and the PBI document is not out of date.

Reference:Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @naifAhmedB 

According to your description, I think you need to know the following points:

There are several modes for connecting datasets, Import, DQ, LC. If you use import mode, open the report after refreshing the dataset each time, and you will get the latest data. If you open the report before refreshing the dataset, then due to the browser's cache, it won't automatically refresh the report, you need to refresh the report manually.

However, if you use DQ or LC mode, when you open the report or interact with the report, each operation will trigger the gateway to the data source to obtain the latest data without the need to refresh the report manually.

You are using import mode and the PBI document is not out of date.

Reference:Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

if you have the report open yes, if the refresh occurs during the time you are on the report you have to refresh to see the change in data, if you open a report after the refresh its done wont be needed as the visuals open with the new data. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors