Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phoebe_Zhang
Helper I
Helper I

whats refreshed time present if report viewer open report on different timezone?

hi expert,

if ther report viewer open the report on US, but the report is schdued refreshed on AU, Whats refresh time shown while opening it from US? US local time or AU time? i mean if turn on ""new look on" button from service.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Phoebe_Zhang ,

Power BI Service is a cloud service, and that means Power BI files are hosted somewhere.

Please note that you won’t see this anomaly in Power BI Desktop, because in that case file is running on your local system, and the result would be your local date/time, you will only face this issue when you publish to Power BI Service.

solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Phoebe_Zhang ,

Power BI Service is a cloud service, and that means Power BI files are hosted somewhere.

Please note that you won’t see this anomaly in Power BI Desktop, because in that case file is running on your local system, and the result would be your local date/time, you will only face this issue when you publish to Power BI Service.

solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Phoebe_Zhang 

I think its the time of the location where the Power BI tenant is.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-where-is-my-tenant-located

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

hi guy,

i test its shown as local time.

thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors