Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the usage of app publish

Hi 

I have 10 business users who will consume reports developed by me . I reated the app work space and published ten reports where i gave the view persmission for daily analsysis . In such scenerio how does create app and pbslishing to 10 business users will really help here ?. I jsut want to understand the scenerio where the app publishing will be really help ful for me?

4 REPLIES 4

In app your users will only consume data without another permission.

The app is good to use if you want to to change your reports and need to test before update the app. it means that you will change or add reports and dashboards but the app users will not see then until you update the app.
Anonymous
Not applicable

rafaelmpsantos : i didn't understand your answer . can you please detail me .

So you are saying that if i publish the report in app anyone in my organization can use it where they don't require any persmissions to view it where they can pull from app .If we publish the report app work space they should e given access of viewer to them right ?.

I have one more question i want my business users to edit the report and play with that reports like changing bar charts to pie charts etc., what is the best option to do it ?. Should i create content pack ?. In app i can just view but cannot edit right?

In your case you need to give access to the workspace. if you Share via content Pack your users will not be able to edit.
Anonymous
Not applicable

rafaelmpsantos  : Thanks for your answer . Yes i need to give access to report and ask users to use save as option and create duplicate reports so that they can play that . That is the only option available . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors