Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dabdala
Regular Visitor

web page only changes after restarting pc

When I update the report on the desktop and upload to the cloud, the web page does not update. Sometimes I have to restart the pc to be able to open the page in the browser correctly updated.

Help me guys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
avatorl
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@dabdala 
Take into account that it not just takes up to an hour before the entire report pulished to web will be updated, but it will be updating parts of the report and data in different time. Often the report will be updated just in a few minutes and no one will notice any issues, but sometimes  it can realy confuse report users (for example during a few minutes one visual will show old data, other visual - new data). If possible update your report during the time when there is a minimum of active users (e.g. in the middle of a night). Notify your users (if possible) that report can behave strange while it's being updated.

The cache is long-lived. If you update the report definition (for example, if you change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take approximately one hour before changes are reflected in the version of the report that your users view. Since each element and data value is cached independently, when a data update occurs a mix of current and previous values can be shown to a user. Therefore, we recommend staging your work ahead of time, and creating the Publish to web embed code only when you're satisfied with the settings. If your data will refresh, minimize the number of refreshes and perform the refreshes at off hours. I
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

Mark my answer as a solution if it solved your problem (if knowing that there is no solution and you just need to wait is a solution...) 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dabdala,

How did you configure data credentials and refresh settings? Can you please share more detailed information about these?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Data refresh in Power BI 
In addition, you said you have to open/restart your pc to keep refresh. Did this mean your website is deployed on the current device?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
avatorl
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@dabdala, what do you mean when you say 'web page'? If it's about your report in Power BI service then you need to click Refresh
chrome_2020-06-09_22-41-08.png

If it's about the web page created using Publish to web feature then it takes sometimes 5-10 mintues, sometimes up to an hour before it will be updated. Just wait...

Hellow @avatorl 

yes, it is a publication on the web, ok I didn’t know it took several minutes, sometimes I have to edit the report in the cloud and then click save to be able to update the data on the published page.
Thanks for listening!

avatorl
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@dabdala 
Take into account that it not just takes up to an hour before the entire report pulished to web will be updated, but it will be updating parts of the report and data in different time. Often the report will be updated just in a few minutes and no one will notice any issues, but sometimes  it can realy confuse report users (for example during a few minutes one visual will show old data, other visual - new data). If possible update your report during the time when there is a minimum of active users (e.g. in the middle of a night). Notify your users (if possible) that report can behave strange while it's being updated.

The cache is long-lived. If you update the report definition (for example, if you change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take approximately one hour before changes are reflected in the version of the report that your users view. Since each element and data value is cached independently, when a data update occurs a mix of current and previous values can be shown to a user. Therefore, we recommend staging your work ahead of time, and creating the Publish to web embed code only when you're satisfied with the settings. If your data will refresh, minimize the number of refreshes and perform the refreshes at off hours. I
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

Mark my answer as a solution if it solved your problem (if knowing that there is no solution and you just need to wait is a solution...) 😉

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @dabdala ,

Even just hitting refresh on the web page itself doesn't fix it?  If it doesn't I would try a few things:

1. Clear the cache on the browser

2. Try in multiple browsers and see if the data is different

3. Make sure the settings in the browser allow you to see the data after it is changed (you would have to look up what settings in browser allow this  such as access across domains and whatever else).

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hello collinq,
Thanks for your attention, it doesn't resolve to clear the cache, I use Chrome, I'll test it on other browsers. As for the chrome settings I will search.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors