Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Neha_Shukla
Helper I
Helper I

visuals not properly interacting with slicer in power BI service.

Neha_Shukla_0-1647002122527.png

When I am trying to do select value in slicer, other visuals showing blank.how to fix this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Neha_Shukla ,

Whether the functions of Now() and Today() exist in your dax formula, the Today() function on the Power bi service returns today’s value according to the UTC() time zone, while the Today() function on the Power bi desktop shows the computer’s system time, so in Power bi service, your time zone and standard time are different, resulting in data not appearing.

https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-bi-service-time-differences-how-fix-aaron-watsky

For example:

The time zone in Power BI Service is based on UTC. My time zone is 8 hours apart from UTC.

I used now() function, displayed in power bi desktop:

vyangliumsft_0-1647419432488.png

Display in power bi service:

vyangliumsft_1-1647419432491.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Neha_Shukla ,

Whether the functions of Now() and Today() exist in your dax formula, the Today() function on the Power bi service returns today’s value according to the UTC() time zone, while the Today() function on the Power bi desktop shows the computer’s system time, so in Power bi service, your time zone and standard time are different, resulting in data not appearing.

https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-bi-service-time-differences-how-fix-aaron-watsky

For example:

The time zone in Power BI Service is based on UTC. My time zone is 8 hours apart from UTC.

I used now() function, displayed in power bi desktop:

vyangliumsft_0-1647419432488.png

Display in power bi service:

vyangliumsft_1-1647419432491.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Neha_Shukla

Could you please explain the issue in detail. I could help you in case I understand your issue clearly.

Best,

Kavya

Hi @Anonymous 

My data source connection is power app for activity time tracking.

I have made this dashboard to track time and overall working time.

I have made date slicer due to which I can track activity of particular day.

my dashboard is working fine in desktop but once its getting publish in service its showing inapporiate value and blank visuals.schedule refresh is successfully compleated but visuals are blank once I made some selection on date slicer.

Is this issue is coming from date table or from service part or from somewhere else.

I have made calendar table from starting of this jan month till today's date.which is showing correct in desktop.but in service date is not getting correct values as per calendar table.how to fix this?

Neha_Shukla_0-1647069153075.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Neha_Shukla ,

Try to check the source column used for your slicer is in required 'Date/Time' data type and also see through that all your slicers are connected with your card visuals using the 'edit interactions' in 'Modelling' tab.

Hope, this would help you.

Regards,

Kavya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors