Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jgarciabu
Advocate I
Advocate I

visual has exceeded available resources

Hi All,

I've been using PowerBI for the better part of a year now. For the last month and a half or a little more, we've had annoying failures to refresh for 6 of our 14 tile visualizations. It's also inconsistent. Some days certain tiles of the 6 refresh and others they don't. The dashboard in question contains nothing more than 14 pinned single data point cards. They are simple queries made to our Azure SQL Database. On the database, all the queries run immediately with no delay. I have all my visualizations set to connect live to our Azure database. I'm at a loss for what to do. It seems like it's an issue with resources on Microsoft's servers. Here's the error I get:

Resources Exceeded

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDc7b563f3-c93d-2aa1-2784-082b8d81f234
Request IDe4c3c75a-060f-6b40-8ab0-7ed194ba10c3
Correlation ID69832fcb-c121-4ed4-ca06-89d5275e48e2
TimeThu Jan 19 2017 11:09:24 GMT-0500 (EST)
Version13.0.1700.1003

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jgarciabu,

Yes, the issue occurs when a visual has attempted to query too much data for the server to complete the result with the available resources.

As suggested in the error, you may need to try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result currently.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44

I'm having the same issue with a visual that uses 2 DAX fields to calculate cumulative profit $ between 2 dates, this year and last year. The visual is just a line graph. It was fine until 4-5 days ago.

This is annoying since the visual is exactly what the UI and DAX should be for..

I don't think this issue is solved. What are the actual limits, and are they the same for all visuals? I'm having this issue with a simple date filter which is querying a view that has only a few thousand rows. We barely have 1.5 years of data, this is pathetic. 

Is this a limitation in the Power BI Web Service?

I'm also working with a fairly large DAX calculation - it works fine on my Desktop environment, but fails to load as soon as it's published.

Dan Malagari
Consultant at Headspring

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors