cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrwillits Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: visual has exceeded available resources

I am having the same issues. The dataset is not huge but I do have a number of measures becasue I need the model to be dynamic. The model works on the desktop (slow but works), but in the serivce it sometimes works and sometimes crashes. Also, I have noticed that the "spinning wheel" that used to tell me if the system was still calculating, is now gone and so I have no idea when all the calculations are compleded (I assume it vanishes when a model is nearing the resource limit). It's quite frustrating becasue you start to think that the model is stuck and then all of a sudden the data in refreshes. 

Is this all becasue we are not signed up to Premium Capacity? Other than major corporations, who can afford Premium Capacity at $4,000/month (or more)??? And then you start looking at Microsoft's pricing model for usage you start to wonder how anyone can really understand what their monthly bill is ever going to be. I call it the "Rube Goldberg Pricing Model". Very frustrating.

attehaa Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi

I have the same problem. It says in the details "The query exceeded the maximum memory allowed for queries executed in the current workload group."

So it refers to the Power BI service. Works fine on desktop, not when I publish this to organization.

juresti Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I also had this issue today.

This is what I found. I had a data set with 5 years of data and a visual displaying the last 5 days of data by default.

As soon as I went to 6 days the resources are exceeded.

I modified my desktop PBI to 2 years then I could go past viewing over the last 6 days of data.

Most likely the available resoruces are (data set size + visual memory usage + calculations / queries memory usage)

Of course the moderators will only repeat the documentation as the solution since they are not the software developers.

"The documentation is the final answer and correct"

juresti Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Follow up:

I updated my date ranges once again to reproduce the error to confirm and the resources are not exceeded anymore.

My test outcome was not valid. So this must be an issue within the servers since my original dataset did not reproduce the error.

attehaa Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

It must be so, that you have a random number of capacity as a Pro user, and then sometimes your organization is lower the threshhold and sometimes over. Then you get errors. Go figure.

Highlighted
OliveiraThiago Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Would someone confirm if this is a Premium / Pro issue? Either I change my DAX or I don't know what to do. It seems that every time I upload my data I am going to see this issue. 

I just hope Microsoft bring us a solution.

Cheers

gooranga1 Senior Member

I got this error today. On a relatively small set of data it is only a year but there are some complicated DAX expressions on it.

It seems the last straw was adding a PERCENTILEX.INC in a matrix. It won't even show 1 days worth of data which is only about 20 rows in the matrix. the table itself is only 436 rows.

bdmichael09 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I just ran into this problem today. I modified a report that I had previously published. The original report worked completely fine. The longest load time was maybe 5 seconds. In this 2nd itteration of the report, I modified one of the measures to use some more complicated logic. I also removed some measures from the model. The data set (which is a set of excel files) is literally the exact same. I've not added anything. At first it worked just fine. I came back to it today and made 0 changes but somehow now it is saying Visual has exceeded available resources. It makes no sense. 

SwatiJaiswal Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue!!

"visual has exceeded the available resources"Untitled.png

Can anybody help me out, I am at the on-site project and prepared 100+ reports.

Report having an issue of visual limit and no data is able to show but the report is not that much big only few measures are calculating.

Please, can anybody help me out?

SwatiJaiswal Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Follow up:

Is there any update, I am sitting at client's heat and don't have any words at the visual exceed limit error at power BI service reports.

Can anybody help me with this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 1,740 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: