cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ged Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: visual has exceeded available resources

Im also facing this issue...What are the exact limitations when it comes to Power BI Service? 

ARB17 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Yeah, any updates? Power BI Web is way too slow with a Dataset of 200MB only, it just does not suffice.

tdang Visitor
Visitor

I am also having the same issue. It takes too long to load the data into the graphs.  Please help asap.

jl20 Member

I'm having the same issue in the service, but not the desktop model (which is 20MB by the way). Have been using PBI for over a year and th is is the first time I've experienced this. Please fix.

Rajiv Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. I have a function that picks the latest date and time out of 5 Mn rows. And then uses that against other rows to calculate the relative age which then becomes the basis of the period for the chosen metric. It works well on my PBIX file as my desktop has 32 GB RAM. Our On Premise Datagateway runs on a VM with 4 GB RAM. Is there a possibility that if I increase the RAM on the VM, it would work fine?

jl20 Member

I'd be interested in this as well. We're running our data gateway on Azure. Does the memory on the data gateway even matter, given that the report is hosted in the PBI service?

skocheta Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

This simply does not make any sense without considering the data size, result size, type of visuals etc.

For intsnace, In my POC environment there are 34000 Rows even after all the joins. I have a tabular view which is displaying not more than 40 Rows currently (8 Columns).

As soon as I try and add Another column, the visual fails.

One of the column is a Measure returning Data in relevant currency.

I can't understand How inefficient my query could be to make resources so scarce !

sxt173 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue with a visual that uses 2 DAX fields to calculate cumulative profit $ between 2 dates, this year and last year. The visual is just a line graph. It was fine until 4-5 days ago.

This is annoying since the visual is exactly what the UI and DAX should be for..

Highlighted
denR Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

There are several topics where this issue is mentioned, but it looks like this one has the extensive discussion. I'd like to know what resources we're talking about. Is it CPU or memory? Is the limit on the server hosting SSAS, on the Gateway server, on the pc/laptop running Power BI Desktop/Service or is the limit on Microsofts side so that we cannot upgrade the resources that are being exceeded? If anyone knows anything about this, I would really appreciate it if you'd share it here.

ballade4 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Also having this issue. Does not make sense. Need to understand limits better as it is turning a supposedly enterprise-level tool into a bear for certain critical tasks within my relatively-small dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 75 members 2,713 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: