Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

visual exceded availabile resources

Hi guys,

I have received this message error in a visual with a lot of information and it says that there is a limit 1048576KB (when me query is 1048580KB say the error...), i'm asking if someone how to know the size of my query using tabular editor, dax studio or the bi desktop or something in order to know and check and improve my query.

A part of that i have another important question, becase my report has a RLS that depends of the user (userprincipalname) that access to the service some tables will be filtered. Taking into account this i have the experience that the RLS produces low performance in the queries of the report (it takes a lot of time comparing without using RLS) so i have tried to upload a new version of the report without RLS and i have found that i receive the visual error (size limit) in the report that i use RLS and in the report without RLS i dont have any problems and it is x3 better performance.

Can someone explain why the RLS produces low performance and if it is true (i'm thinking) that the RLS produces a query much bigger?

Any ideas to reduces the query or updagre the limits to more capacity?

thanks in advance!

best

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dobregon ,

When you publish a pbix file over 1GB (1048576KB) to Power BI Service, you will get limitation error message. That is to say, the data set of a single pbix file you are going to publish must be smaller than 1 GB (1048576KB). 

Power BI Premium supports uploads of Power BI Desktop (.pbix) files that are up to 10 GB in size. Once uploaded, a dataset can be refreshed to up to 12 GB in size. To use a large dataset, publish it to a workspace that is assigned to Premium capacity.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-eachen-msft , thanks for the response.

it is strange becasue if i see the data storage of the data set in the powerbi service, the dataset has a 9mb size, so it is very small to have this type of problems. for that my question

a part of that, i'm confusing about the RLS becasue when i upload the same pbi file with RLS i have the problems about size limits but when i upload the file removing the rls i odnt have any problems.

in addition i have noticed that when i use RLS the system is something like x3 of slow, is it normal??

thanks for the response

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors