Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

viewer acces problem for sharepoint dataset

we have a share point dataset,the user with viewer level access could not able to view the visuals from app.But when i am giving them the member or contributor access they are able to see the viusals. is the problem only with share point dataset  cause we had many other dataset for which we had not given  any app level access and  the user with viewer access are also  able to view the visuals. Kindly help me on this.

7 REPLIES 7
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does your SharePoint dataset have RLS?

If the dataset has RLS and the Viewer is not assigned permissions, the viewer can't view the report.

But even if the dataset has RLS and the owner of the dataset don't assign permission for the Admin, Member and Contributor, they still can view the report.

In other words, if you have editing permissions in the workspace, you are not restricted by RLS.

l1.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It could possibly be with the SharePoint dataset, is the dataset being imported?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

row level security.PNG

hi lionel,

row level security is not applied to the dataset. Please help me with a solution.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry i got it wrong.

"The Viewer role gives a read-only experience to its users. They can view dashboards, reports, or workbooks in the workspace, but can’t browse the datasets or dataflows."

Please refer  to this article:

Announcing the New Viewer Role for Power BI Workspaces 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi lionel,

Thanks for ur response.

i already went through the link which u have shared..

in workspace level the viewer access is working fine but when i am trying to view it on app the visuals are not getting loaded.so i changed it from viewer to contributor or memeber then its working.

infact i tried giving the indiviual user app level access separately that is also not working for me.

but howcome for other dataset we dont have the problem.

is there any issue with sharepoint dataset??

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you meet an error like this? In other words, did you connect a workbook from SharePoint?

x6.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

its not imported...its direct..could you  please tell me what may b the possible reason for this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors