Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

using multiple entities in Dataflow but I only want one to refresh

I have an entire years worth of data and to reduce the time it takes to refresh I am splitting them up into Quarters.  However, I only want the last quarter to update daily on an increment refresh and the other 3 Quarters to stay static.  I have tried to use "Enable Load" by unclicking it but then it's not available in Desktop and only the ones with "enable load" show.  I basically am trying to take the quarters and then build a reference table using grouping to lesson the rows as well but I need to figure out the first hurdle in my refresh situation.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try the incremental refresh feature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rajendran for you suggestion.  The problem I noticed with that option is that it is overridden when I create a new entity or reference table the yellow block option of refresh now or use schedule pops up, if I select now it does the entire dataflow and disregards the increment refresh I have scheduled.  Is't there any way to have some entities static?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors