Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rnoyce
Frequent Visitor

users unable to edit apps

When setting up a new app, I want the users to be able to edit the app once published and shared with them.

I have used the following settings when creating the app, and assumed that the settings would allow a user (member) to be able to edit the app.  However, this is not happeinning, and the users can only view the dashboards and reports contained within the app.

edit app2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rnoyce They should be able to edit content within the App Workspace. But if you share the contents of that App to them, and they are viewing within that context then they won't be able to do anything.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@rnoyce Shared Apps are currently read only. There is no "versioning" similiar to what you get in Content Packs.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks for your response - does this mean it's a future development?  The option "Members can edit Power BI content" seems somewhat misleading if they can't actually edit Power BI content

@rnoyce They should be able to edit content within the App Workspace. But if you share the contents of that App to them, and they are viewing within that context then they won't be able to do anything.

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks - Something you mentioned made me realise that I need to add members in as workspace members and not just providing them with access to the app itself, so my mistake for not fully understanding it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors