Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eddydm
Advocate II
Advocate II

user usage metrics

I have the impression that the settings in our administrative portal are correct for showing use metrics.

For 'old' dashboards I'v already used the usage metrics, but at this moment i can't see the user usage. How can I update this report (or recreate it).

Even for 'new' (test-) dahsboards i've created yesterday (after reading the article about user usage metrics), the user usage metrics doesn't show up.

Is there a specific setting for the user usage metric?

Kind regards for any information about this topic

Eddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah, that feature. They just released that. My guess is that the feature just hasn't been rolled out to your tenant. See this first bullet in the "Next Steps"

• Try out the feature! To get started, head to the Power BI service and go to any pre-built usage metrics report. Note that we’re still rolling out the feature worldwide, so you may have to wait until the end of the week to see it in action

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eddydm
Advocate II
Advocate II

The setting in the admin portal seems to be correct. I can get usage metrics like views per day, shares per day, rank, ...

The problem is that 'views per user' doesn't appear. In the documentation https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-usage-metrics/, you can see it in the right bottom corner.

It doesn't appear in old, neither in brand new dashboards/reports.

Thanks in advance for any tip!

Eddy

Hi @eddydm,

Please mark the helpful or right raply as answer, so more people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Ah, that feature. They just released that. My guess is that the feature just hasn't been rolled out to your tenant. See this first bullet in the "Next Steps"

• Try out the feature! To get started, head to the Power BI service and go to any pre-built usage metrics report. Note that we’re still rolling out the feature worldwide, so you may have to wait until the end of the week to see it in action

Latest book!:

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In the Admin Portal, click on Tenant Settings and then scroll down and expand "Audit and usage settings" then make sure you enable the "Usage metrics for content creators".

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors