Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HerveLarcher
Regular Visitor

url parameter for public web

Hello all !

Sorry if it's not the right location, but it's my first post 🙂

I've succed to use filters with url parameter in embedded publication.

But despite document say it's not possible pour web publication, how could I have the same parameters than this site

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZTA5N2VkYWQtYmNiMS00YWFmLWEwZWQtOGY4MmExNTlmZjllIiwidCI6ImMyO...

No connexion, public site BUT I can modify filters with url parameters (change country to spain for exemple)

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZTA5N2VkYWQtYmNiMS00YWFmLWEwZWQtOGY4MmExNTlmZjllIiwidCI6ImMyO...

Thanks for all help

enjoy 🙂

Hervé

8 REPLIES 8
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HerveLarcher ,

If you are looking to filter via the URL ,as the official document said, Query string filtering doesn't work with Publish to web .

3.2.2.1publish to web.gif

Maybe you could apply report-level filter or build a Slicer visualization to filter data :

3.2.2.2publish to web.gif

Refer to :

URL Filter to Publish to Web Report - Microsoft Power BI Community

powerbi - How to Pass a URL Filter to a Power BI Publish to Web Report - Stack Overflow

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank Eyelyn for your help, but it doesn't match exactly my requirements... In fact, my dev team found a solution with javascript to replicate the politico site behaviour !

have a nice day 🙂

hello,

can you please explain, how did you dev team found solution with javascript. I have similar requirement 

Hi HerveLarcher

i think You solved this problem so please reply me how can i solve

Could you provide more information on how this was done? it will help me a lot.

I also saw that many have this doubt

Hi,
Has anyone found a solution? I need help, please.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @HerveLarcher ,

Welcome to the community and your first post!

I found a couple of links that might help you in setting up the parameters with your URL:

URL based navigation for a report shared via 'Publish to Web' - Power of Business Intelligence (powe...

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Handling Multiple URL Query Parameters With The Same Name Using Web.Contents I...

Let me know if those help you.  And, if it does, please mark my response as a solution.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thank you so much @collinq for your so quick reply ! I'll have a look 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors