Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

url doens't work when pinning a live page to dashboard

Hi, 

I know when users click a visual in in a dashboard, by default setup, they will be led to the original PB report, where the visual is stored. However, it looks like the url doesn't work when I pin the full page to dashboard. 

Is a solution to this. I want to pin the whole page to the dashboard so that users can user filters in the dashboard, but how to keep the link behind the dashboard at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I recently discovered that you can enter the report by clicking the title in the live page. You can try it.

29.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Clicking on the visual effects in a live page will not enter the corresponding report. Because this is how it is designed.

One way to add a dashboard tile is from within a Power BI report. When you select one of these tiles, it opens in the report.

An entire report page can be pinned to a dashboard, which is called pinning a live tile. It's called a live tile because you can interact with the tile on the dashboard. Unlike with individual visualization tiles, changes made in the report are automatically synced with the dashboard. 

Pin an entire report page
Another option is to pin an entire report page to a dashboard, which is an easy way to pin more than one visualization at a time. When you pin an entire page, the tiles are live. That is, you can interact with them there on the dashboard. Changes you make to any of the visualizations in the report editor, like adding a filter or changing the fields used in the chart, are reflected in the dashboard tile as well.

For more information, see Pin an entire report page.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Once you create a dashboard the URL should not change. 

You can then use the Dashboard URL to access the dashboard and then interact with the live page?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

No  the url doesn't work when I pinned the full live page. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

I recently discovered that you can enter the report by clicking the title in the live page. You can try it.

29.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's my problem. I can't access the report via the url. I think it happens because I have pinned the whole page to dashboard. If I only pin a tile, the url works. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors