Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vinicius_santos
Regular Visitor

update the web app

Recently I lost the option to select which dashboard I update in my app, the options just turned gray and impossible to select, does anyone know what the cause of this problem is?

Captura de tela 2022-10-05 085442.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vinicius_santos 

This is because you have upgraded the Workspace to use the new App user Interface. Thses switches now only apply to "old" app workspaces. 

To add new content to a new App, go to "Update App", then in the App update click the "(2) Content" Tab, click "Add Content" and add the extra Dashboard or Report you want in the App.

Burningsuit_0-1664977175028.png

Once you've done that be sure to go to the "(3) Audience" tab and click on the "eye" symbol next to the content you've added. As new content in an App is disabled by default.

Burningsuit_1-1664977289589.png

You can do much more with the new App UI, see : Announcing Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros...

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BJZ

@Burningsuit @binnu thanks, that explains it. The problem is that the admin has left the company and there are only contributors and viewers left. Is it possible to promote one of them to admin?

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vinicius_santos 

This is because you have upgraded the Workspace to use the new App user Interface. Thses switches now only apply to "old" app workspaces. 

To add new content to a new App, go to "Update App", then in the App update click the "(2) Content" Tab, click "Add Content" and add the extra Dashboard or Report you want in the App.

Burningsuit_0-1664977175028.png

Once you've done that be sure to go to the "(3) Audience" tab and click on the "eye" symbol next to the content you've added. As new content in an App is disabled by default.

Burningsuit_1-1664977289589.png

You can do much more with the new App UI, see : Announcing Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros...

Hope this helps

Stuart

@Burningsuit @binnu I'm fully aware of the changes, the column 'Include in app' was already disabled for some time, now it's gone completely, but where is the 'Update app' option so I can get to the screen with Setup, Content, Audience? Either it's not there or am I blind?

Hi @BJZ 

The "Update App" button is right there on the top right of the workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1665158824631.png

You won't see it if you're in "My Workspace", or if you in a Workspace where you are not an  "Admin" or a "Member". "Contributors" or "Viewers" don't get the rights to update the App.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

solved my problem, thanks for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors