Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Waxy
Frequent Visitor

undefined

Trying to add a subreport to a PBI Report, but when I attempt to add a datasource from a service, the list is empty. However, if I add a new datasource using a PBI Connection from the same service, I see all of the existing datasources. Any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Waxy
Frequent Visitor

This thread can be closed...figured that you must add an rdl file to a subreport, the service I was using only had datasets, not actual rdl files. Premium capacity has not been implemented yet and we had to resort to a work around for now...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Waxy
Frequent Visitor

This thread can be closed...figured that you must add an rdl file to a subreport, the service I was using only had datasets, not actual rdl files. Premium capacity has not been implemented yet and we had to resort to a work around for now...

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

please explain what you mean by "subreport". I am not aware of such a functionality.

Waxy
Frequent Visitor

In Power BI Report Builder a report can have a subreport. ie I can lhave a report of all contracts ie contract id, contract name, start date and end date...for each contract row that meets a condition., I may have another report listing all contracts that are currently booked. With this scenario, when reporting all contracts, the subreport could be used to further define contract specifics for those contracts that are currently booked. In my Power BI report definition, I could included an expression that would display subreport details from another report in my current report based on required conditions. Hope this makes sense...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors