Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gsunilkumar145
Frequent Visitor

unable to refresh the report by using On premises standard gateway (postgres server)

Hi All,

I have installed Standard On-premises gateway in same server where is my data in postgres database.

I have installed to supporting .net 4.8 version but i got the below error & then installed the Npgsql 4.0.10 version.

Server name & database is same as desktop version pbi file & postgres server authentication details also verified but after publishing am unble to connect to the server through gateway. Please find the below screenshots for your reference.pbi_gateway_1.pngpbi_gateway_2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gsunilkumar145
Frequent Visitor

Thank you all

I got the solution, Please follow the below steps.

Step1: Install the latest version .net frame work (4.8).

Step2: Install the Onpremises Gateway in same server where the data base is stored.

Step3: Install the Npgsql 4.0.10 version with GAC

Step3.1: Select the GAC drop down & choose entire futures will be installed in local drive.

Step4: Restart the server.

Step5: Please check in power BI services gateway services is running as shown in below screen. 

gsunilkumar145_0-1656583159549.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gsunilkumar145
Frequent Visitor

Thank you all

I got the solution, Please follow the below steps.

Step1: Install the latest version .net frame work (4.8).

Step2: Install the Onpremises Gateway in same server where the data base is stored.

Step3: Install the Npgsql 4.0.10 version with GAC

Step3.1: Select the GAC drop down & choose entire futures will be installed in local drive.

Step4: Restart the server.

Step5: Please check in power BI services gateway services is running as shown in below screen. 

gsunilkumar145_0-1656583159549.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors