Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIXL
Resolver I
Resolver I

unable to pen support ticket

Hello,

I have a trial pro version.

when I try to publish from Power BI Desktop I get :

"publishing failed for unknown reason". (this is the first time for me)

I searched and found some similar problems but without any  real answeres from Microsoft, so I want to open a ticket for that.

here is the "hard" part :

when I try to open a ticket I get that only pro users can open a ticket. when I sign in into the service and use the ? icon for help, I get back to the support page.

the phone in the site is out of service.

I am unable to contact support in any way...

anyone has an idea of how can I contact microsoft support ?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well,I finally realized (after talking to the support team), that even when I have a pro account, I can open support ticket only if that user is set to be the domain administrator.

after setting that I can now open a ticket for my case (publishing with unknown error).

I think It would be nice to update the support site for cases like mine, so at least a member won't see  an annoying  message like "you don't have a pro account" when you do have one. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi BIXL,

Well, as it states, if you would like to open a support cases through the support page, it will require you the pro license, and now:

"

Starting today, support options for free users of Power BI are changing. The Power BI Community will become the primary support channel for free users of Power BI, and Microsoft will no longer offer basic email support. Existing cases filed through the email system will continue to be worked on until they are resolved, but new cases opened through our support page will require that you have a Power BI Pro subscription. Learn more about Power BI Pro features and pricing.

"

Check the blog below for more information:

Growing Power BI Community and changes to how we support our users

I would recommend to ask in the community first.

From your error message, the below is what I cuold think out:

1. Connection issue;

2. Data mismatch;

We could eanble tracing under Power BI desktop,

File -> Options & Settings -> Options->Global->Diagnostics, check the tracing

There should be some detailed message that we could track with.

Other folks shared that rebuild the connection in Power BI desktop to the data source and then do a new publish would work, whcih you may give it a try.

Regards

Hi @Michael_Shao,

I am looking into the tracing option and I'll try the rebuilding of the connection as well.

But, I just purchased the pro account for my client, who has the publish issue, and it still does not allow me to open a case for him (it says that :

"Looks like you haven't subscribed to Power BI Pro"

, while in the service it states : "Pro user" 

(I have a confirmation for the purcase)

Isn't it suppose to be immidiate after the purchase ?

thanks

Can someone from microsoft support please reply this ?

It is frustrating that there is no way to contact support even when I do have a pro user

Hi BIXL,

Apologize for the late response.

So what is your current situation?

Just from the last result, it seems that the contact support page would need some time to update the license information.

I will try to confirm with the others, see if they could offer any further helpful information on this.

Regards

Well,I finally realized (after talking to the support team), that even when I have a pro account, I can open support ticket only if that user is set to be the domain administrator.

after setting that I can now open a ticket for my case (publishing with unknown error).

I think It would be nice to update the support site for cases like mine, so at least a member won't see  an annoying  message like "you don't have a pro account" when you do have one. 

Thanks

Hi @v-micsh-msft,
Thanks for the detailed information.
Can I open a case if I have a trial pro user or do I have to purchese one before I can open a case?
Thanks again

Hi BIXL,

As you have already experienced, the pro trial user can't open a support case, you need to purchese the Pro license before you can open a support case.

If you need any further assistance, please post back.

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use the happy face icon in the upper right to "Send a frown" with a screen shot, etc. You should also be able to go to "support.powerbi.com" and use Contact Us.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors