Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allegro
Helper I
Helper I

unable to load or refresh model in desktop & datasets in power bi service

hi,

i suspect the problem is with my data source (Google's Big Query) the data wont load neither in import mode or direct query

the datasets in the power bi service are timing out during the refresh & on premium workspaces the refresh could take up to 8 hours were before only took 10 to 15 minutes. this all happend at the same time yesterday morning

ive found in the forum this problem could suddenly disappaer as has been the case with other problems ive had in the past, but ill like to know about the rooth cause or a direct solution

i'll apprecieate your help,

Javier

also here is the problem i had when i try to use my data in direct query mode request timed out before it was completed:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/The-XML-for-Analysis-request-timed-out-before-it-was-comple...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Allegro ,

There are many reasons why a refresh can fail. There are two general reasons.

1 Insufficient memory, even if there is only one model in the Premium capacity, i.e. the model size is very large. If the refresh is successful in other time periods, it is likely that there are many reports that need to be refreshed in that time period. There are not enough resources in the Premium space to cause the refresh to fail.

2 Non-capacity reasons, including datasource system disconnection, invalid permissions or gateway error.

Solution:

1. Adjusts the performance of the advanced capacity. (Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Docs)
  2. Reduce the number of plan refreshes in the same time period. Spread the schedule refresh to different time slots.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Allegro ,

There are many reasons why a refresh can fail. There are two general reasons.

1 Insufficient memory, even if there is only one model in the Premium capacity, i.e. the model size is very large. If the refresh is successful in other time periods, it is likely that there are many reports that need to be refreshed in that time period. There are not enough resources in the Premium space to cause the refresh to fail.

2 Non-capacity reasons, including datasource system disconnection, invalid permissions or gateway error.

Solution:

1. Adjusts the performance of the advanced capacity. (Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Docs)
  2. Reduce the number of plan refreshes in the same time period. Spread the schedule refresh to different time slots.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors