Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sfpiptx

unable to access shared dashboard

hi,

a dashboard has been shared with me, I am external user the that organization. when i click on the link it keeps prompting me to upgrade to Pro.

whereas i have Pro License that I can see under my profile on PowerBi Portal.

on source end they have given me the permissions as read and reshare.

no-need-to-sign-up.PNGupgrade-1.PNG

please help.

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@sfpiptx,

When I share a dashboard or report to a external user who have Power BI Pro trial account, the external user can successful access the dashboard/report.

In your scenario,  has the report owner enabled external sharing setting in admin portal of Power BI Service? And does the owner share dashboard in a Premium workspace?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KBO
MVP

Maybe you can finde the report in your workspace otherwise the licence you have is expiere? And I thougt I heard sharing reports in other organizations isn't possible until now. (But I don't know if it possible to join some extern in teams and than share a report, I haven't tested it :)) To see a shared report take a look in your workspace under the point "shared with me". 

Greetz Kathrin

this link says external sharing is possible. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards#share-a-dashboard-with-people-out... but its not working as described 😞

Is the eMail is in the same tenant registered?

"Coworkers who have the same email domain as you, and coworkers whose domain is different but registered within the same tenant, can share the dashboard with others. For example, say the domains contoso.com and contoso2.com are registered in the same tenant. If your email address is konrads@contoso.com, then both ravali@contoso.com and gustav@contoso2.com can share, as long as you gave them permission to share."

nopes, not in same tenant. external email user.

Than this is maybe the answer ? 😉
bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

@sfpiptx,

your having Free account or PRO account of power BI.

Regards,

Bajee.

I have Pro Account

no-need-to-sign-up.PNGPro-User.PNG

bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

@sfpiptx,

your having Free account or PRO account of power BI.

Regards,

Bajee.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors