Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manito969
Frequent Visitor

there was error a data source access. please contact gateway manager

my upn ( what i got it with the cmd) is the equal my email to sign in in power bi but local domain in which it is the ssas(DOMAIN\username) is different than domain (username@domain), so i think that my error is genere for this, it is posible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, i solved with map user, i changed my user by the user running the analysis service this user is of domain with administrator permissions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manito969
Frequent Visitor

my upn ( what i got it with the cmd) is the equal my email to sign in in power bi but local domain in which it is the ssas(DOMAIN\username) is different than domain (username@domain) (DOMAIN\ <> @domain), so i think that my error is generated for this, it is posible? what would be the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your data source credentials may differ from what credentials you will use for Power BI.  This will be entirelly down to what your data source is and how your access has been set up.

Also keep in mind, if your data source is using your domain credentials, you will have access failures every time your change your password.  Its generally considered best practice to have your data source access via service accounts that have static passwords.

Thanks, i solved with map user, i changed my user by the user running the analysis service this user is of domain with administrator permissions

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors