Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

boojiboy

the report couldn't access the data source because user has left the organization

I have a PowerBI report on PowerBI.com that isn't working (the charts are empty and just display a message "Couldn't load the model schema.")  The report displays the following error message in a pink banner at the top: 

"The report couldn't access the data source because, 'username', the author, has left the organization. Please contact the previous author's group to take over the dataset." 

I can't see the dataset for this report in the workspace either, I can just see the report.  How do I fix this error? presumablity by taking owndership of the dataset, but I can't see the data set. Do I need to be owner of the workspace? How do I do that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chas2002
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Not a 100% sure, but I would try to download the report as a pbix and re-upload it to a workspace that you own.

Chas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chas2002
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Not a 100% sure, but I would try to download the report as a pbix and re-upload it to a workspace that you own.

Chas

Once I was made an admin of the 0365, we were abele to download the report . Uploading it to another workspace worked.  

I don't see a way to download it either like I can on my own workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors