Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

boojiboy

the report couldn't access the data source because user has left the organization

I have a PowerBI report on PowerBI.com that isn't working (the charts are empty and just display a message "Couldn't load the model schema.")  The report displays the following error message in a pink banner at the top: 

"The report couldn't access the data source because, 'username', the author, has left the organization. Please contact the previous author's group to take over the dataset." 

I can't see the dataset for this report in the workspace either, I can just see the report.  How do I fix this error? presumablity by taking owndership of the dataset, but I can't see the data set. Do I need to be owner of the workspace? How do I do that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chas2002
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Not a 100% sure, but I would try to download the report as a pbix and re-upload it to a workspace that you own.

Chas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chas2002
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Not a 100% sure, but I would try to download the report as a pbix and re-upload it to a workspace that you own.

Chas

Once I was made an admin of the 0365, we were abele to download the report . Uploading it to another workspace worked.  

I don't see a way to download it either like I can on my own workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors