Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

doni
Frequent Visitor

the on-premises data gateway installer failed to download

I tried downloading on-premises data gateway from the download link in the Power BI Service, after the exe file was downloaded (520kb) I tried to install it and it turned out that I needed to download again. but when I downloaded the error occurred, as shown below ..

the on-premises data gateway installer failed to download. an existing connection was forcibly by the internet host

please help, thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @doni ,

The installation media we downloaded is just a light installer, it need to connect to Internet to download the full installation media, the size of this installer is 520 KB.

In your scenario, this problem may be caused by a firewall or a network problem, you can check your firewall and wait for a moment, then try it again.

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @doni ,

The installation media we downloaded is just a light installer, it need to connect to Internet to download the full installation media, the size of this installer is 520 KB.

In your scenario, this problem may be caused by a firewall or a network problem, you can check your firewall and wait for a moment, then try it again.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors