Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

text visualization not consistance for all users

Some users experience different behavour when looking at the same report and vizualisation published to Service. For some of them text is not allign and font is not the same. In Desktop looks ok. The text (custom font) window is a popup triggered by a bookmark. Can't get it fixed. Any idea?Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got is solved, so share a solution.

The root cause of the issue is a custom font used in desktop. The users who do not have this font installed on their machines may find the different font when looking at the report published to service. In case the font is not installed, the default font specified in a browser setting is used. Different font may have a different size and can cause text wrapping or objects misaaligment

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Do the users have the same browser? I'm not sure if and how custom fonts are supported here.
Does the bookmark show a report page tooltip?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not think it is a browser related. The users tested Chrome and Firefox got this problem in both. While in my case it's always fine whatever browser I tried.  Here is one more example. Look a the font differences (Rewewal Rate) and word wrapping.

Capture3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no custom tooltips here. The bookmark is used for opening the popup window containg text

Hi @Anonymous ,

It may be affected by the size of the monitor. Do the two monitors have the same size?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean the screen diagonal or the resolution? The resolution was the same 1920 x 1080. 

Hard to belive screen size can be a reason. If yes it would be a serious bug

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, I mean resolution.
How about logging in your accounts on each other's machine? Maybe you can find the problem.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got is solved, so share a solution.

The root cause of the issue is a custom font used in desktop. The users who do not have this font installed on their machines may find the different font when looking at the report published to service. In case the font is not installed, the default font specified in a browser setting is used. Different font may have a different size and can cause text wrapping or objects misaaligment

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors