Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AU555
Helper I
Helper I

suggested sharing fo reports in small company

Hi,

I would like to ask your opinion on what is the best option to share report/dasboards/tiles among our company. We are a smaller business (50 people) I i am the only person who is responsible for Power BI. I make the report and others are just end-users, who want to view the reports anytime they want. 

What in your opinion is the best option? Is it enough if only I have Pro account - then I can share to any workspace, create app and then the end-users would be able to view it any time? 

What from your expercience would you suggest the best solution to be? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AU555 

Your employees must also have Pro licenses in order to access to the content in a app workspace. 

The best option for your company is to purchase Pro accounts for your employees, the price is $9.99 per month so $500 monthly cost. Whereas Premium License is much more expensive, at least $4,995 per month, you do not need most of the features according to your needs.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @AU555 

THe answer is...it depends.  Check out the Pricing page, it has sliders you can use to figure out which option is best.

If you want to share with everyone else at the company, they all need to also have Pro licenses.  So, you could buy all 50 coworkers Pro licenses to enable sharing.  At current price, I believe this would be approx $500 per month. 

The other option is to purchase Premium.  Then you, the Pro user, can share with all 50 coworkers without them needing a Pro license. You'd pay for one Pro license but then have to pay for Premium.  More expensive, but it does have some added features and advantages.  

Here's a good page to visit;  Power BI pricing

HTH

Michele

What about using embed option on my published app and share it in Sharepoint Online? If we already use Sharepoint in our company, then we could maybe do it this way and it would be okay only I have PRO account. what do yu think about this? 

Or is it also necessary for them to have pro account? Is there any way to share embed report if the do not have pro licence? 

@mihart @nandukrishnavs @V-pazhen-msft 

@AU555 

Pro license is mandatory for accessing the shared content.

You can use Publish to web option, but it is not secure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AU555 

Your employees must also have Pro licenses in order to access to the content in a app workspace. 

The best option for your company is to purchase Pro accounts for your employees, the price is $9.99 per month so $500 monthly cost. Whereas Premium License is much more expensive, at least $4,995 per month, you do not need most of the features according to your needs.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@AU555 

There is two types of licensing model. 

• Per user
  • Premium capacity

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-features-license-type

Since number of users is less, you can opt for per-user licensing. 

But, all the users need a Power BI Pro license to access the shared content. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors