Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stefkus
Frequent Visitor

(still) can't pin visualization to dashboard

Hi all,

We have a number of new improved workspaces. And we are unable to pin visualizations for most of the workspaces. The thing is that one of our workspaces does allow us to pin visualizations... We get the following error:

Knipsel.PNG

Anyone has a solution? We tried to delete dataset + reports, clear cache from Power BI Desktop. Remove roles, added administrator rights, nothing seems to work. Is this a bug?

Regards Stefan

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stefkus,

Can you please share some detail information about your scenario? It is hard to troubleshooting your issue.

For example:

datasource type, connection mode, refresh setting, permission, RLS setting, workspace permission, which workspaces you can't pin contents, any specific settings...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

datasource type = Azure SQL Server

connection mode = import

refresh setting = daily

permission = administrator

RLS = yes

There is one workspace where I can pin contents.

All my workspaces are the new workspaces, and all the workspaces are identical, they only connect to a different Azure SQL database.

Regards Stefan

Hi @Stefkus,

Actually, it works well on my side. (I also ask my colleagues to test and it also works)

Is this issue appears on other type datasources? I guess the issue may related to your tenant setting or azure service.

In addition, you can also consider to submit a support ticket for better support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I don't think it can be my tennant setting as it is working for one of my 5 workspaces.

Does RLS has any impact on pinning visuals? And the workspace role? I tried member and administrator.

Regards Stefan

Hi all, an update. I think we've tested almost every possible setting/scenario.

Like I said before, we have multiple workspaces and only one workspace allows us to pin visuals. When we download a report (Finance) from the workspace (where we can pin visuals) to pbix file, rename it to Finance2.pbix and upload it to the same workspace.... We are not able to pin visuals anymore.

So we think it's not in the workspace settings. But it's also not in the report settings...

Is it possible that this problem is caused by the new version of Power BI Desktop (November).

regards Stefan

Hi @Stefkus,

I refer to your description and try to reproduce your scenario and 'pin tile' feature still works on my side.

Can you please open a support ticket for this?

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

We also tried to save and publish the file with an old version of Power BI Desktop, no luck.

We have found a solution, but it's not an acceptable one for us.

When we go to the report in Power BI Service and click on edit report, make no changes and save the report again, then it works.

Regards Stefan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors