Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dhanish

sorry you don't have access to publish to this workspace, please contact the owner for access.

I'm trying to publish the Power BI desktop report into an existing workspace. I'm the Admin for the workspace and uses an on-premise gateway to refresh the data. It throws me this weird error. Did anyone face this problem before? checked old forums, nothing helped. Any suggestions or help?

Power BI Error.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @dhanish 

This thread   discusses the same error message.

It was solved by modifying the registry. You can check if the solution works for you,but it may be risky.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Are others able to publish into the workspace?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

RenuKshirsagar
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @dhanish ,  

If you are the admin of the app workspace and have a Pro License then you should be able to publish the report to that particular app workspace. Try to log out then log in and try to republish the same copy. If the issue persists then kinldy provide the following info:

1) File size of the Desktop Report

2) Is the app workspace in Premium Capacity

3) Try to publish the same report in another app workspace and revert.

If this was helpful, then kindly hit LIKE and promote this information as a solution to help other end users reach the correct answer.

Thanks,  

Renu KS

@RenuKshirsagar Thanks for the response. I do have Pro License. Earlier, I have tried log out and logging in - not successful with this approach. 1) File size: 1.4 MB 2) NO its not premium capacity, using O365 - Power BI  3) I even created a new workspace, same error.

Hello @dhanish ,  

Can you ask some other member of the app workspace to publish one report just to verify if the issue lies only on your side. Also you can try to clear your browser's cache and sign out from your Desktop, sign in again and try to republish.  

If this information was helpful, then kindly hit the LIKE button and promote this as a solution if it resolved your error.  

Thanks,  

RENU KS.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @dhanish ,

I have heard of this being an issue sometimes when the gateway and/or desktop and/or service are not the same version (I don't think you mentioned Gateway but if you are using it, update that as well).  After that, select the Workspace and make sure (again) that the Workspace actually has you as admin OF THE WORKSPACE, as you believe it should.  I am assuming that you are talking about a Workspace and not the App Workspace.  I am also asuming that you are not on Premium.

Let us know how this works out.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

@collinq Thanks for your reply. Yes using on-premise Gateway, I have configured 2 Gateways. One of them is in the October 2020 3000.63.4 version(upgraded recently) and the other one is in December 2019 - 3000.21.18 version(currently Dashboard uses this gateway to refresh the data). How do I know, gateway, desktop, and service were not in the same versions? is there documentation or link I can follow?

1. published with 2 Power BI Desktop Versions: a) 2.73.5586.1101 64-bit (September 2019), b) 2.86.727.0 64-bit (October 2020) - same error for both.

2. I have created a new workspace and tried to publish the report  - the same error.

I'm not on Premium. Yes, I'm the admin for the Workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors