Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Leah-H
Frequent Visitor

some (but not all!) numeric range slicers changing to lists in Service

I have a desktop report utilizing three numeric range slicers. When I publish this report to the Power BI Service, I'm seeing this odd behavior where one of my numeric range slicers is working properly, but the other two are converting to a list format. I don't see an option to edit them back to a numeric range type, even though the variables are indeed numeric. If I try to edit the one that's working, it automatically switches to a dropdown type and doesn't allow me to change it back to a numeric range.

On the forum the answers I'm seeing to this type of question date from when the numeric range slicer was first released in preview and the solutions claim that numeric range slicers are now supported in the Service. This only seems to be true for the one slicer I have. The two that aren't working are based on variables that needed a VALUE() function in their calculation to become numeric, while the one that is working did not need this conversion. Is there a way I can work around this, if that's the issue? It seems to either be that or that I can only have one numeric slicer per page.  

Any ideas why this is happening to some but not all of my numeric range silcers? Any workaround ideas? Dr else does anyone know when this feature will be fully supported in the Service? 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are any of them preview features that once you upload to the Web they revert back to "released only" features?

These are currently preview features, but I'm wondering why some numeric slicers will work in the Service and some won't.

The pattern I'm seeing is that this behavior pops up when I have more than one of these slicers on the page. I have another report which uses three numerical slicers, but which isn't based off of converted-from-text values, so it does'nt seem to be an issue with the conversion. In both cases, the top-left numeric slicer stays numeric while the others turn into checkbox-type slicers. 

Is this a bug? If so, where can I report it? If not, what am I doing wrong?

I am having the same issue, is there any rhyme or reason on why some work and some do not?

Mine is for calendar year I just want to have a BETWEEN 2014 and 2017 for example option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors