Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

agathe_oui
Frequent Visitor

slicer and line graph: aggregated instead of actual values

Hi, I'm new to using PBI and already lost...

I'm trying to create a line graph taking in y price values and in x time values (datetime).
I added a slice (of type between) that allows to select only the desired period.

Problem... impossible to retrieve the real price values, I only have the choice between sum/count/avg/...

The price column is well specified as format "whole number" and as summarize property "don't summarize".

For the slicer, I had to check the "Date Hierarchy" box because I want to have the "Between" type for the slicer.

Can someone please help me, I'm running out of ideas...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

finally manage to do it!
have to choose the actual values for the x axis of the line chart instead of the date hierarchy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @agathe_oui ,

Do you have multiple values in Y under the same value in X?If so,the values will be aggregated to get a final value,could you pls upload your .pbix file or part of your data to onedrive business and share the link with me?I will find a workaround for you.

Do remember to remove the confidential information.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

*link not accessible*

The graph in question is on page 3.

As you can see, there is no multiple values of y (price) for a value of x (period_start_time).

Thanks for helping me out, looking forward for your explanations.

finally manage to do it!
have to choose the actual values for the x axis of the line chart instead of the date hierarchy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors