Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

binbing
Helper I
Helper I

show “PowerBIGatewayInstaller has stopped working" in windows server 2012 R2.

when I install PowerBIGateway in Windows server 2012 R2 and run as administrator , show “PowerBIGatewayInstaller has stopped working". but I can install it in Windows 10 and no issue. How to solve ti? thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
KentAnderson

I had the same issue until I installed .NET version 4.6 on the server per the minimum requirement spec. Afterwards it worked as expected.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

jerrycmtee

After so many months and years, the windows server 2012 r2 still unable to connect the PowerBIGatewayInstaller? is this a ready product?

ericdario
Frequent Visitor

I'm having exactly the same issue. Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

Any solutions that already provided? after so many months and years, still no solution for the windows server 2012 r2?

ericdario
Frequent Visitor

I'm having exactly the same issue. Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@binbing,

Please help to post gateway installed log which is located at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\On-premises_data_gateway_*.log.

In addition, please make sure that you don't install gateway on a domain controller.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I have the same issue. After debugging program have this error:

https://pasteboard.co/Hl7gYDo.png

https://pasteboard.co/Hl7fANS.png

"System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException"

"No matching constructor found on type 'Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIInstallDownloader.MainWindow'. You can use the Arguments or FactoryMethod directives to construct this type."

Details:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException was unhandled
  HResult=-2146233087
  Message=No matching constructor found on type 'Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIInstallDownloader.MainWindow'. You can use the Arguments or FactoryMethod directives to construct this type.
  Source=PresentationFramework
  LineNumber=0
  LinePosition=0
  StackTrace:
       at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
       at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
       at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
       at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
       at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run()
       at Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIInstallDownloader.App.Main()
  InnerException: System.MissingMethodException
       HResult=-2146233069
       Message=Method not found: 'System.String System.String.Format(System.IFormatProvider, System.String, System.Object)'.
       Source=PowerBIGatewayInstaller
       StackTrace:
            at Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIInstallDownloader.LandingPageViewModel..ctor(MainViewModel main)
            at Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIInstallDownloader.MainViewModel..ctor()
            at Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIInstallDownloader.MainWindow..ctor()
            at MainWindowCtor(Object[] )
            at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.DynamicMethodRuntime.CreateInstanceWithCtor(Type type, Object[] args)
            at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
       InnerException:

I have the same issue on Windows Server 2012. After debuging program error is "No matching constructor found on type 'Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIInstallDownloader.MainWindow'. You can use the Arguments or FactoryMethod directives to construct this type."

https://pasteboard.co/Hl7fANS.png

https://pasteboard.co/Hl7gYDo.png

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I cannot install gateway when the beginning and also cannot find any log, because the error was stopped at the beginning of the installation.

Following is snapshot FYR:

the beginning of the installation and Cannot find log file.

kind regards,

Bin BingCannot find log file.jpgerror was stopped at the beginning of the installation.jpg

@binbing,

Please check if there are any logs in Event Viewer.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

attachment is some information for your reference.

thanks again.

kind regards,

BIn BingJust-In-Time debugger.JPGLog1.JPGlog2.JPGlog3.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors