Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sharing reports via 'app' to external users - user cannot view reports

Hi have shared reports with an external user in 'app' however they cannot view reports that i have shared.  I have tried up level permissions, checked with IT manager they are setup as external user, does anyone have any advice here please? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try going to the app, then copy/pasting the link to the user. I've noticed that the links that the emails and publish functionality are generating are broken.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mrwilson,

This issue maybe caused by reasons below, please check them.

1. To share external users report, dashboard or app, you should add the external user to your group in azure portal, click Azure Active Directory-> All users-> New guest user.

Capture.PNG 

2. To share content with others(not matter external or internal), the user who be shared with should have pro license.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks yes they are added as guest users as per instructions, yes they have Power BI pro licence assigned (sorry should have added this in), what elase could be causing them to not see reports in PBI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any other solutions i could try in this instance?

Hi mrwilson

Have yous solved your issue by now? Could you please kindly mark my answer to finish the thread?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi mrwilson,

Is there any RLS(Row-level-security) configurations in the report dataset? Have the external user been added to one role?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors