Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sharing reports - read only

I'm trying to share a report with my company but I don't see an option to make it read only. I don't want to use a dashboard because when I pin a visual to the dashboard, it arranges the graphs in a different way that isn't logical. Also, I want the viewers to be able to use the drill-down option. Is there a way to do this and make it read  only? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

For your requirement, you can use content pack or create an App workspace and include the reports within App. Your shared users can only view the report, but they can't edit the context. For more details, please refer to links below:

Create and distribute an app in Power BI

Create and publish an organizational content pack (tutorial)

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

For your requirement, you can use content pack or create an App workspace and include the reports within App. Your shared users can only view the report, but they can't edit the context. For more details, please refer to links below:

Create and distribute an app in Power BI

Create and publish an organizational content pack (tutorial)

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. 

I just created an app workspace and I now have the report posted. The user is unable to edit, however, it looks like they can still change the filters. Is there a way to disable this as well? 

Thanks

Jacob

Hi, I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution for this?

Background: I would like to publish reports to different people in my organization with different filters: e.g. one account manager may only see the data related to his customers, that I would set in the filters.

Thanks in advance.

Jonas

@jonasstock, check out about RLS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors