Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhayes32

sharing dashboard to group not working

I am having an issue sharing a dashboard to a Group. I can share to an individual, but to a group is not working. I am wondering if it has to do with having multiple domain names associated with the account?

I am signed into Office365 with myname@mycompany.com. The default domain name is mycompany.onmicrosoft.com.

So I created the group in PowerBI - PowerBIShare

- The associated mailbox created is powerbishare@mycompany.onmicrosoft.com 
- In Mail configuration for Groups, I set "Let people outside the organization email the group" and "Subscribe new members so they receive group conversations"
- If I try and share dashboard to this email address, it says it is shared, but if you open on the "shared with" tab after sharing, it does not show up
- No email notifications are received that says dashboard was shared

I could share to an individual mycolleague@mycolleague.com and at mycolleague@.onmicrosoft.com

When I tried sharing to powerbishare@mycompany.com, 
 - This DOES show up in the "shared with" tab but...
- No email notifications are received that says dashboard was shared
- If I email to powerbishare@mycompany.com, it bounces back

Is PowerBI confused by domain names or something??
1 REPLY 1
jhayes32

Realized I posted to wrong forum.. the names are a bit vague and I don't see where I can delete it from this forum. I reposted this to Service forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors