Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jhayes32

sharing dashboard to group not working

I am having an issue sharing a dashboard to a Group. I can share to an individual, but to a group is not working. I am wondering if it has to do with having multiple domain names associated with the account?

I am signed into Office365 with myname@mycompany.com. The default domain name is mycompany.onmicrosoft.com.

So I created the group in PowerBI - PowerBIShare

- The associated mailbox created is powerbishare@mycompany.onmicrosoft.com 
- In Mail configuration for Groups, I set "Let people outside the organization email the group" and "Subscribe new members so they receive group conversations"
- If I try and share dashboard to this email address, it says it is shared, but if you open on the "shared with" tab after sharing, it does not show up
- No email notifications are received that says dashboard was shared

I could share to an individual mycolleague@mycolleague.com and at mycolleague@.onmicrosoft.com

When I tried sharing to powerbishare@mycompany.com, 
 - This DOES show up in the "shared with" tab but...
- No email notifications are received that says dashboard was shared
- If I email to powerbishare@mycompany.com, it bounces back

Is PowerBI confused by domain names or something??
1 REPLY 1
jhayes32

Realized I posted to wrong forum.. the names are a bit vague and I don't see where I can delete it from this forum. I reposted this to Service forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors