Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jarod347
Frequent Visitor

sharing and managing dozens of power bi reports

Hi all,

I'm looking for some best practices around sharing reports. I manage the reporting for a group of emergency rooms in a large hospital system. We currently have over 100 Tableau reports which are used by hundreds of people that I will be migrating to Power BI over the next year. 

I'm looking at this as an opportunity to build a reporting system from the ground up that is robust and user friendly.

So my questions revolve around what are some best practices for sharing a large quantity of reports.

I like Power BI apps, but it seems like I would need to create a new workspace for each app, so I would end up with dozens of workspaces as I don't want an app that contains over a hundred reports.

I like embeding reports in Teams and Sharepoint sites, but I'm wondering about how to organize so many reports effectively.

Anyone out there have experience with managing a large number of reports? Any suggestions/best practices for sharing them and making them easily discoverable?

Thank you in advance!

Jarod

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jarod347 ;

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we could close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jarod347 ;

There are many ways to share and collaborate. Here is a comparison of them. For example, you can create a group of people on your team and share reports, apps, or workspaces with that group users.

Collaborate

Distribute or share dashboards and reports

Share data

No matter which option you choose, to share your content you need a Power BI Pro license, or the content needs to be in a Premium capacity. License requirements vary for the colleagues who view your content, depending on the option you choose. The following sections spell out details.

Hope will help you!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-how-to-collaborate-distribute-da...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors