Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

shared report(template report) for individual user's dataset

hi we are developing a web application integrated to Power BI Pro. we have following issues that we need your support of advice.

we have a web application runs on Microsoft Azure App Service and Azure SQL Server. in the web application, we have 2 types of user. company user (users with roles like CEO), and branch user (users with roles like branch chief) when an user logged into to the system, the user pushes data to Power BI (get data from data base, and send to Power BI's data set). we created report format in advance, and publishes via Power BI desktop. as our understanding, a POWER BI report always must links to a fixed dataset. so, we have about 1000 users, we have to publish the same report 1000 times for 1000 users. And, when we want to change the report content, we have to re-publish 1000 times. it takes us so much human cost.

is there any other methods for using shared report (a report format for overall system) links to individual dataset of each user? so that we just need to publish report 1 time,and when user modify, we just modify 1 report. The modified report all automatically links to dataset of each user when the user uses the system.

thank you and looking forward to your feedback best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

is there any other methods for using shared report (a report format for overall system) links to individual dataset of each user? so that we just need to publish report 1 time,and when user modify, we just modify 1 report. The modified report all automatically links to dataset of each user when the user uses the system.

Based your information, If I understand your requirement correctly that you get data and create report in Power BI Desktop then publish it in Power BI Service. Now you want to share the report to 1000 users for 1time. 

As I know, if you want to share the report directly, you only could share with indivisual user, I suggest you could publish an app with the report you want to share and create a group including the 1000 users, then you could publish the app to the group for one time.

If you modify the report, you just need to update the app.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Based your information, If I understand your requirement correctly that you get data and create report in Power BI Desktop then publish it in Power BI Service. Now you want to share the report to 1000 users for 1time. 

As I know, if you want to share the report directly, you only could share with indivisual user, I suggest you could publish an app with the report you want to share and create a group including the 1000 users, then you could publish the app to the group for one time.

If you modify the report, you just need to update the app.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors