Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Li
Frequent Visitor

share individual dashboard

I have multiple dahsboards in my Power BI service. When I want to share one dashboard by adding e-mail address, the access e-mail lists of other dashboards also upddated, and eventutal all the dashboard have the same share lists. Anyboday have the same issue as me or I missed anything? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Li
Frequent Visitor

Please see here

It only happens when you do NOT click the Close button to exit out of the Share panel. It is most likely an UI issue.

It has already been reported to Power BI team internally and tracked by them. Thank you everyone.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Ajay
Employee
Employee

That does not sound correct. Each dashboard has its own share list. Can you add screen shots so that I can help you better?

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.
Li
Frequent Visitor

Thank Ajay. I found the solution. After I updated an e-mail list, then check the access list of another dahshboard, the list is the same as the one I just updated. However, if I refresh the browser, I can get the true access list of the other dashboard. The thing is each time if I need check the list, I have to refresh the browser. Otherwise, it will show the one I viewed last time. I am not sure whehter it is a bug of Power BI or my account issue. Thanks.

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you using Firefox? I had that happen to me last week. I closed out of all the tabs and reloaded and the problem went away.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Li
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I am using Firefox. I also tried IE and it has the same problem. When I first tried Chrome, there is no problem, but after I played a while, same issue happened. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is also happening to me. Close IE and reopenned, and it still shows other Dashboards are being shared with people I did not intend to share with.

Somebody who is experiencing this, please get some clear screenshots of the problem and report it to Microsoft as a bug. This seems pretty widespread.

Li
Frequent Visitor

Here are my screenshots. I have a few dashboards in my account.

First I access the e-mail list of the dashboard called 'Opioid by Piostcode' and it show the following. It is correct.

1.png

Then I highlight the dahhbosrd 'test' and chect the 'share', it gave me the same list and the same dashboard link as well. However, I didn't share this dashboard with anyone else actually.

2.png

Finally I refreshed my browser, and this time I got the correct list, i.e., only myself, the owner.

3.png

It is really annoying that you have to remember to refresh the browser before check the list. It is mess up sometimes.

KHorseman, should I report this bug somewhere else? I only can find this forum to report. Thanks.

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Lithe easiest is to post to the Ideas forum. Explain the full problem and the refresh workaround, along with the screenshots. You might want to refer back to this thread to show where others are experiencing the same problem.

Li
Frequent Visitor

I posted the issue here

Li
Frequent Visitor

Please see here

It only happens when you do NOT click the Close button to exit out of the Share panel. It is most likely an UI issue.

It has already been reported to Power BI team internally and tracked by them. Thank you everyone.

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We are looking into it. I will update this thread as soon as I have an update. 

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors