Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sobrien

share dashboard link not working

Over the past two days I have been trying to Share a dashboard with a co-worker. When I click the Share link though nothing happens. Any idea what is going on?

8 REPLIES 8
lorocopey
Regular Visitor

Can someone explain to me how the support ticket is created, I have tried but when I click to log in, it sends me directly to the power bi portal

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sobrien,

I shared a dashborad to my colleague, he can access the dashboard through shared link without any issue.

In your scenario, which type of users are you using, Free or Pro? Does your co-worker can see this dashboard in his Power BI services site? Click the setting button>Manage personal storage to check which type user you are using.
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft

In the past I have shared dashboards with no problem. Currently, I am attempting to share a dashboard with no pro features from my workspace with a free user within my organization. when I click share, nothing happens. I cannot type in her name. I cannot send a link. Clicking the share icon does nothing.

i have two other dashboards that weres hared with her two months ago.  She can see and access those.

I am using Mozilla. Will check other browsers today.

EDIT:  It will share in chrome but not Mozilla.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

That is exactly my situation. I have successfully shared in the past. But now literally nothing happens when I click Share. I have tried it in IE, Chrome and Firefox. A colleague in a different office is able to Share it for me though. Very strange.

@sobrien, I have been experiencing the exact same thing. I submitted a basic ticket this morning.

Hello guys,

I have the same issue since few days.

Do you have any feedback from MS support ?

Regards

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Haegi

I received a notification that it was fixed. I can now share dashboards again but it takes an extra step so, to me, it really isn't fixed.

In order to share, I go to the dashboard, hit share (just to see if it will work the first time), then I will hit the refresh icon on the dashboard and hit share again. Then it will share.

Really weird but that works for me.

Still waiting for a true fix. @v-caliao-msft

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sobrien

I do not know what is going on but I am experiencing it as well. I will submit a basic ticket and suggest you do the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors