Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIXL
Resolver I
Resolver I

setting default report when opening the bi service

Hi All,

is there a way to set a default report, so when I enter the service the default report will open (no matter how I closed it the previous time) ?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Manendra
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, 

There are two ways you can do this. 

Options1: Power BI Desktop

You Can turn on the Persistent filters in the Power BI Desktop file by navigating to Options and settings > Report Settings > Check Mark the Persistent Filters.

Manendra_0-1672450099957.png

Option 2: Power BI Services

Open Report > Files > Settings > Turn On the Persistent Filters. 

Manendra_1-1672450310509.png

This way, you can restrict users' filters to save before closing the report. No matter what filters they applied before closing the report, whenever they reopen the report it will set to the default view which you published the report to services. 

Cheers,

Manendra.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BIXL,

It is not possible to set default report when open the Power BI service currently. However, we can set default dashboard by using featured dashboard

Once you mark a dashboard as featured, you will always land on it first when you log into Power BI, instead of the last dashboard you visited. For more detail about featured dashboard, please refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

@BIXL You can't set a default report, but you can get most of the way there by favoriting a dashboard. This will then be the dashboard that will be the default landing whenever you log in.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors