Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yeseniadelreal

select single item on table and have that show in multirow card in another tab

Hello, 

I currently have a table in powerbi and want to be able to select a single data row, which would then promt me to another tab which will have a multirow card which will provide me details on that specific nameID. 

I am currently using a slicer and a button to do this, but it is not user friendly. 

Is there a way I can just select the nameID within the table and take me to the other tab?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @yeseniadelreal

There is no feature directly to achieve it, you could consider "drillthrough" as a workaround.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Put the table visual on one report, and put the card visual on another report, then add a column in the drillthrough field.

When you click on the values of this column, you can select "drillthrough", then you will go to another page to see details on the card visual.

13.pngss

14.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yeseniadelreal

I see that, that works, but is there a way to have the table on one tab and the multirow card on another? And connecting them? So when i click on the single incident on the table, the next tab will update as well?

Hi @yeseniadelreal

There is no feature directly to achieve it, you could consider "drillthrough" as a workaround.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Put the table visual on one report, and put the card visual on another report, then add a column in the drillthrough field.

When you click on the values of this column, you can select "drillthrough", then you will go to another page to see details on the card visual.

13.pngss

14.png

Best Regards

Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yeseniadelreal

How many rows do you want to show on multi-row card?

If only one row to show, does the following test meet your requirement?

7.png

8.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors