Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

scheduled refresh has been disabled

Hello,

Got an email today warning that "Scheduled refresh has been disabled".

Going to the Datasource settings revealed that it has been disabled due to "the test connection failing".

This has not happened, however, to all data sources. Only 3 of the data sources needed the credentials to be edited.

Image 11.png

Upon editing the credentials, I found that my login was replaced by an "Anonymous" authentication method. I then needed to change it to "oAuth2". Which prompted for my login info again (it makes sense). Such action, however, did not work for all of the credentials that needed editing. One in particular did not accept the "oAuth2" initially. It end up working eventually, after having tried all other authentication methods - do not know if trying all others before unlocked it or not, to be honest.

Image 12.pngImage 13.png

In the end, this got sorted and is now working.

But I am failing to fully understand what has really happened so that I can prevent it from happening in the future.

Can anyone please explain what might be behind this?

Kind regards,

Joaquim

5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jagostinhoCT

According to the description, it seems that connection failed because of invalid credential. So we need to update the credentials and then it should work.

Following documents should also be helpful if we encounter the refresh problem.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-ga...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/

Best Regards,

Herbert

ugh!

Hi @v-haibl-msft

That is what is seems to be happening yes. The question is why has it lost the credentials? the credentials have not changed since.

Regards

J

Hi there, did you find a solution for this? I am getting the same problem.  My report uses a dataflow as source. 

I can refresh this dataflow via gateway and manually without a problem but when I publish a report using this dataflow then refresh scheduling fails. It says it is missing credentials. How can it be when it used mine (admin) and the gateway service account (that never changes)?

Activity ID: 90587c35-4f7f-46c3-b6fb-d1d75f179b90
Request ID: 81f222fa-2260-3f65-8a6e-7f86bfa1893a

Hi.

I did not find a solution for this no. But I have stopped publishing reports since I cannot share them with anyone else while using the free plan.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors