Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

scheduled refresh SSRS files on PowerBI service.

Hi all,

I am going to be migrating some ssrs files to powerbi service, that has premium capacity.

Once they are up in the service. Is any scheduling possible?

When pbx file goes up, it is split in to data and report. Then you can schedule the data to be refreshed. What happens to ssrs reports? I am aware you can not use a PowerBI dataset for the ssrs reports.

Are there schedualling refresh options for the SSRS reports? and if so how/what?

or is it based on direct query..

Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can configure a schedule refresh for datasets.

Refernce:

configure schedule refresh

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

thank you for responding.  That doesn't really answer my question but I will try it when I get to upload the ssrs files.  Another way of asking the question is, does the power bi arcitecture around datasets and resfreshes also apply to ssrs files. If it does then that link will be helpful.  I could assume that your response implies that it does. But I do not like to make that leap of fath. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : i dont think this is possible . Just create the powerbi reports like ssrs and use scheduler to schedule the powerbi reports . Lets see if anyone knows if there is any option possible

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors