Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

schedule refresh

Hi All,

I have around 50 of reports. I had set schedule refesh for each report at the same time. Then published to web to get URL. 

It takes around 50 minutes and exceed 1 hour (62 minutes) to refresh in web. I would like to ask, it is the time taken became more longer when i have too many reports need to refresh at the same time?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: schedule refresh

@melina 1st, I hope that the data in your reports is open to the public, because by using "Publish to Web" you expose your reports to the world.

2nd) Publish to Web has a delay of roughly 1 hr after your dataset in Power BI is refreshed. This is a known limitation of using Publish to Web.

Both the above details can be found in the article - here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi, Thanks for your reply. 

If i have many reports needs to schedule at the same time, it is it has posibility to became more longer until 2 or 3 hours?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @melina,

If i have many reports needs to schedule at the same time, it is it has posibility to became more longer until 2 or 3 hours?

Based on my understanding, different datasets should be separately refreshed on Power BI service, so they won't affect each other.

In addition, while Publish to Web has a delay of roughly 1 hr after your dataset in Power BI is refreshed, when you configure a time for scheduled refresh, there can also be a delay of up to one hour before it begins. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors